March 11, 2013

Finally better weather

Soon, a week has passed since I came home from Sweden and I've hardly been out and I blame the miserable weather.
Started with thick fog for 3-4 days then came the cold, wind and snow as well.
But today it brightened up a bit so I went down to the Rivelin Valley where I usually go to shoot dippers and other birds.
But I only got out the door when it started blowing and snowing heavily, but the weather forecast had promised better weather so I continued.
The rest of the morning was a bit mixed weather with blizzard, sun and everything in between.
Did my usual round and was looking for the Dipper, but I could not see them.
Tried to shoot treecreeper and longtailed tit instead, they're not the easiest thing to take on, they are constantly in motion.
Then I proceeded to the place where I usually turn back, when I saw a big bird flew away, and this is the first time I see a bird of prey here in the woods, it was a buzzard. 
It was nice to see the buzzard probably it's here to hunt ducks in the river.
On the way back home the dipper had arrived so I followed them for some time before I went back home.

Camera equipment: Nikon 3Ds Nikon 200-400mm f4 lens and Kenko 1,4 telekonverter.




4 comments:

  1. Ousch, den sista bilden får mig att vilja gå tillbaka hem till värmen. Men det kan jag inte för där är jag ju redan. Hmm. Bilden berättar på det mest brutala sätt snö-i-ögonen-blött-under-kragenberättelsen. Du tyckte strömstare var lätt att upptäcka och jag ser ett lägre perspektiv i dina bilder. Antar att du kan gå/vada alldeles intill strömfåran, kanske de avtecknar sig mer distinkt då? Kanske man ska ta med enbenet en annan gång och stå på knä och skjuta. / Deerhunter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo visst är det en tråkig period nu med bakslag i vädret, usch. Vill ha det varmt och gott nu ;)
      Ån där jag fotar strömmisen har oftast 1-2m höga kanter men det går ju såklart att ta sig ner men då skrämmer man oftast iväg strömstaren, men har man is i magen och tålamod så brukar dom komma tillbaka till sina favorit ställen :)

      Delete
  2. Stilig bild på strömstaren, kul att du hittade dem igen. Men usch vilket väder ni verkar ha. Än hinner nog våren spela oss några spratt innan vi är där.

    /Erik

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo visst är det ett jäkla väder nu men det vänder snart hoppas vi ;)
    Strömstaren är tillbaka jag tror att dom bara försvann en tid under kyla/snö perioden, dom har ju sitt bo här så jag hoppas att det blir mer närgångna bilder senare.

    ReplyDelete