March 20, 2013

Siskin, Coal Tit, Chaffinch

In the previous blog post, I wrote that I was photographing small birds the last hour after the walk as we did then.
It is always a really tough challenge to shoot small birds,  partly because they are small so u haft to be near them to fill the viewfinder.
And the second is that they are so incredibly fast in their movements, so it's hard to keep up with the camera.
This time, I had no tripod, and holding a camera equipment that weighs almost 5 kg is quite heavy after a while.
But it's still rarely I use the tripod I think it's so heavy and awkward to carry it, and so I do not have a car either if I had it I would probably use the tripod a bit more for it usually gives sharper images.
Today it snows again, I'm starting to wonder when spring comes for real, last year this time, it was large leaves on some trees already, and a lot of flowers in the woods.
Camera Equipment: Nikon 3Ds and Nikon 200-400mm f4 and Kenko 1.4 teleconverter.

I checked the weather forecast just 1.5 weeks ahead and spring does not seem to be here for a while.
Chaffinch/Bofink

Siskin/Grönsiska

Coal Tit/Svartmes

Siskin/Grönsiska, Adult male

2 comments:

  1. Måste va konvertern som ger så fina bilder ;)))
    Fin flygbild på bofinken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Engelsmännen gillar ju sina djur och tar väl hand om dem, sägs det. Av dina bilder att döma verkar oxå fågelintresset vara på topp. Tre av fyra har ju ringmärkts och möjligen gäller det bofinken oxå, svårt att riktigt säkert bestämma på min jobbskärm. Du visar upp fina bilder som vanligt. Som beskrivs i inlägget ovan hjälper säkert konvertern men jag tror att viktigaste mojängen finns bakom all kamerautrustningen... / Deerhunter

    ReplyDelete