June 15, 2012

Back to Redmires Reservoirs

Yesterday, I was again to Redmires, but now a bit later in the day have not been there in the middle of the day, so I wanted to check what kind of activity there is at this time. I notices immediately that there are less birds on the move, maybe just because they seem to be evening / morning active. Found a Kestrel who hunted small birds but did  not get a good picture of it. Walked around there for 5 hours and tried to find something nice to shoot, well found some interesting subjects. But today I had to use a converter for the great zoom, which gave me 800mm on that lens. But unfortunately, you lose quite a lot of sharpness, light, and it becomes difficult to use auto focus when it just works on the central point. But it may be worth at times when you want to get close to birds that are too far away with the 400mm which I would otherwise have. Next week I will be up in Kalix (Sweden), and hopefully me and my brother that I will be visiting finds a lot of beautiful birds to photograph. We will also fish for the famous Kalix River "crocodiles" they who visit the blog will see what I mean because I will be blogging about fishing as well. See you soon ...

Meadow pipit

Sky Lark not a good picture but my first on this bird


Tufted Duck

Tufted Duck Female and Male

Little ringed plower

Little ringed plower

No comments:

Post a Comment